Change to tax status

Go back to the RGS menu without submitting

If you are logged in, the contact details fields will be pre-populated for you.

Please enter the details of the individual account holder. Please ensure that the name aligns with that on your National Insurance card or your full ‘official’ name. Please do not complete this form for anyone else, even if they are a spouse and/or you share a joint bank account. We can only take instructions on existing accounts from the person named on the account.

All fields highlighted in red below are mandatory.

Usual name:
Address 1:
Address 2:
Address 3:
Address 4:
Postal Code:
Usual email:
My previous tax status was:
My new tax status is:
The date of this change is:
Additional comment or request:
Please complete all fields

  1. Gift Aiding your donations is a one off process and remains valid indefinitely unless you change your name or home address. The amount you pay is unchanged, but the PCC is able to claim a tax refund directly from HMRC of 25% of all sums donated under Gift Aid. Please note: you need to pay the same amount or more of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax as all your benefiting charities will claim on your gifts in any tax year, otherwise you will be responsible to pay any difference.  As an example: if you give £50 per month (or £50 x 12 = £600 per tax year) to all your charities, you need to be paying tax of at least £12.50 x 12 = £150 in that tax year.  The vast majority of RGS giving is Gift Aided.

    Please notify the Regular Giving Scheme (RGS) Secretaries, via this Portal, via e-mail, or in writing, if you:
    • wish to cancel this declaration
    • change your name or home address
    • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
    If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and wish to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you will need to include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code. A copy of your RGS Annual Statement can be sent to HMRC as evidence of your giving. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid, ask the RGS Secretaries, or refer to the HMRC web site.