Start regular giving
If you are logged in, the contact details fields will be pre-populated for you, however please amend your name to align with that on your National Insurance card or your full ‘official’ name.
Please enter the name of an individual - no joint names please, even if the donations will be made from a joint bank account. If you need to choose a name to use, it’s normally advisable to choose the highest earner or someone paying a higher rate of UK tax.
Please do not complete this form for anyone else, even if they are a spouse and / or you share a joint bank account.
All fields highlighted in red below are mandatory.
For BACS or Standing Orders, please use the following details when initiating your payments:
- Sort code: 60-13-35
- Account number: 64261883
- Reference: SURNAME.I/RGS [where I is your first initial]
- This is a pledge, allowing St Mary's to budget its expenditure responsibly; it is not a contract or obligation - you can change these arrangements at any time if your circumstances change. Along with the vast majority of RGS members, your donations will be deposited in the main non-restricted General Fund, which funds the staff and day-to-day activities of St Mary's.
- We recommend that, wherever possible, payments should be made either by standing order, internet or phone banking. Alternatively, envelopes can be supplied for cash or cheque donations which can be placed into one of the collection boxes in the Church Welcome Area. This method is more complex to administer securely but is provided for those who prefer to give cash or cheques and are unable to use electronic transfer. Please note that if you use CAF or another charitable trust scheme, we will be unable to provide a statement of your giving, due to the anonymous nature of the payments.
- Gift Aiding your donations is a one off process and remains valid indefinitely unless you change your name or home address. The amount you pay is unchanged, but the PCC is able to claim a tax refund directly from HMRC of 25% of all sums donated under Gift Aid. Please note: you need to pay the same amount or more of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax as all your benefiting charities will claim on your gifts in any tax year, otherwise you will be responsible to pay any difference. As an example: if you give £50 per month (or £50 x 12 = £600 per tax year) to all your charities, you need to be paying tax of at least £12.50 x 12 = £150 in that tax year. The vast majority of RGS giving is Gift Aided.
Please notify the Regular Giving Scheme (RGS) Secretaries, via this Portal, via e-mail, or in writing, if you:
- wish to cancel this declaration
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
- The full Charity name of St Mary's is 'The Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St. Andrew and St. Mary Magdalene, Maidenhead'. This is often shortened to ‘PCC St Andrew and St Mary Magdalene’. Charity No. 1127589.
- All personal financial information is treated in confidence. You should be aware that personal details which you provide may be kept as computerised records. St Mary's complies with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These records are not made available to any other organisation or to any person other than those immediately concerned in the administration of the RGS scheme.