Sunday at 9:15am
What can I expect?
People from all ages and backgrounds worshipping God together. You can expect a warm welcome, great worship and engaging Bible teaching as we focus on being disciples of Jesus.
How long is the service?
About one and a quarter hours.
What about children?
We are blessed with lots of children at St Mary’s. There are groups for children and young people from 0-14 years. On a regular Sunday we stay together for the first 15 minutes of the service before the children leave for their groups. Occasionally we stay together for the whole service.
Is there Communion?
We share communion on the 4th Sunday of the month.
What happens afterwards?
Refreshments and a chance to get to know each other better in the hall and to encourage one another.
The 9:15am congregation is led by Jon Drake. Jon is supported by a pastoral team which includes Steve & Alicia Palmer, Dick & Fiona West, Rob & Tarryn Wingfield, and the leaders of the 9:15am Growth Groups. You'll usually find them wearing a badge on Sundays.
For information about the special events below, contact the office.
Special events for our congregation
- 9:15am Winter Walk - Sun 28th January: All are welcome to come on a winter walk for around an hour leaving at 11ish after the 9:15am coffee time. We will walk towards the Green Way and then back to the church hall for a soup, bread and cheese lunch with pudding. Please go to the welcome desk for more information about timings, the route, the cost and any questions you have and to sign up.
- 9:15am Congregation Breakfast - Sun 4th March: Breakfast for the 9:15am Congregation from 8am in the church hall. Please do join us for some unhurried fellowship time before the service.
- 9:15am Spring Walk - Sun 29th April: After the 9:15m service all from the 9:15am congregation are invited on an hour's circular walk from St Mary's followed by lunch in the church hall.
- 9:15am Men's Weekend Away - 17th-19th May: Advanced notice of this valuable time away with other men from the 9:15am to build our fellowship, enjoy relaxed time together, and study God's Word. We will be staying near Pulborough in West Sussex. We head down after work on Thursday 17th May, and return after lunch on Saturday 19th May, to leave us some weekend time with families back here. We'd love you to join us. Contact if you'd like to come along.
- 9:15am Congregation Breakfast - Sun 10th June: Breakfast for the 9:15am Congregation from 8am in the church hall. Please do join us for some unhurried fellowship time before the service.
- 9:15am Congregational Barbecue - Sat 30th Jun: 4-7pm. All ages are warmly invited to join us for fun, food and fellowship at the St Mary's church hall and garden.