Resources for Adults
'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'
This time of isolation gives us an opportunity to grow in our relationship with Jesus as we feed on God's word. We would like to challenge us all to use this time to get into good habits of daily Bible reading and prayer. If you have extra time it would be great to use it to dig into some meaty Christian books or sermons. Here are some suggested resources that will be updated weekly. Do let us know how you get on!
Jon Drake and Rachel Meynell
Daily Bible Reading
- Kiss the Wave, Embracing God in Your Trials, Dave Furman. Paperback, £7.99.
- God’s Big Picture, Tracing the story-line of the Bible, Vaughan Roberts, £5.99.
- Tumbling Sky, Matt Searles. 34 Psalm devotions for weary souls. Hardback, £6.79.
- Relationships: A Mess worth Making, Paul David Tripp, £8.99. A very helpful book while we are learning to live in close quarters with one another.
Sermons and Online Services
- A 15-minute daily service from St Ebbe’s Oxford. Livestreaming Monday to Friday 8:45am-9am, and available thereafter on YouTube.
- The Christianity Explored films and Soul (for youth) films are currently available on YouTube
- Confidence, a recent sermon series in 1 John from St Mary’s.
- Clayton TV
- How to Survive and Thrive in Lockdown, Mark Oden and Stefano Mariotti (church planting in Naples, Italy)
- Mental Health and Coronavirus
- Responding to Pandemics: 4 Lessons from Church History, Glen Scrivener, TGC
- 10 Key Bible Verses on God’s Sovereignty, Crossway
- Don’t Waste Your Family Quarantine, TGC
Serving and Outreach
- Please keep in touch with one another by phone, particularly remembering those who live alone. Things like cards through the post or some daffodils popped on someone’s doorstep would be a huge encouragement and make someone’s day.
- If you would like to offer help with shopping or phone calls to others in the church family, please email
- A card to put through neighbours’ doors asking: ‘Is there some way I can help?’
- Hope Beyond Coronavirus, Roger Carswell. Evangelistic booklet, free download available