Women at St Mary's
Our aim in all we do is to encourage women in their love and service of Jesus and to equip them to share him with those around them.
Events for women include:
Bible Study groups
We run regular day-time Bible study groups for women throughout the week. Whether you are a young mum or well into retirement age, a new Christian or someone who has followed Jesus for years, there is a Bible study for you! Some groups meet on Tuesday mornings at the church with a crèche, others in people's homes. There's time to look at God's word and pray for each other. Come and join us! Contact the church office for more info.
Held once a term with an external speaker, croissants, coffee, chat and an engaging talk.
Select the links to listen to previous talks.
- Saturday 10th November 2018: 'Who do you think you are?' Rachel Meynell
- Saturday 10th September 2016: 'Broadcasting God's Love' Nikoo Ordodary, Deputy Executive Director for SAT 7-PARS
- Saturday 3rd October 2015: 'Crime, Faith and Forgiveness' Dr Kerry Baker, Senior Lecturer in Criminology
- Saturday 24th November 2012: 'Fifteen Minutes of Fame' Corinne Brixton
- Saturday 14th November 2009: 'Why in the world do I believe in Jesus' Tracy Wild & Jane Hockey
Time for women from each congregation to go away, relax, study God's word and get to know one another better in beautiful countryside surroundings.
South Central Women’s Day: Saturday 6th June
This is organised by the South Central Gospel Partnership, one of our partner organisations. We use our town-centre location to host the event. The theme of this conference is "God's sovereignty over all". It is a day of excellent Bible talks & seminars with time for fellowship and reflection. Booking is now open at www.thegoodbook.co.uk.
Ramble and Refreshment
A good walk followed by even better cake! One hour walks every other month, often pushchair and dog friendly.
For more details, please contact .
Friendly group, meeting every other month to discuss, usually, Christian literature.