Sunday at 11am
What can I expect?
We are a friendly, diverse church family, made up of people of all ages and from all walks of life. Our services combine contemporary Christian songs with some traditional hymns, prayers and engaging Bible teaching.
Our main aim as a congregation is to discover what God has to say to us through the Bible and help each other put it into practice in our lives.
You are very welcome to come along and join us. We are used to welcoming visitors, so whether you are new to Maidenhead or new to going to church, we hope you will find us a non-threatening, friendly group of people, who are endeavouring to follow Christ.
How long is the service?
About one and a quarter hours.
What about children?
We love having children with us at St Mary’s. There are groups for children and young people from 0-14 years. On a regular Sunday we stay together for the first 15 minutes of the service before the children leave for their groups. Occasionally we stay together for the whole service.
Social events for families and parents at the 11am congregation are organised by Jon & Louise Drake.
Is there communion?
We celebrate communion on the 4th Sunday of the month.
What happens afterwards?
We meet for tea and coffee in the hall which is a chance to chat informally and encourage each other, while children play in the church garden.
The 11am congregation is led by Jon Drake. Jon is supported by a pastoral team which includes Jeff Branch, Louise Drake, Neil & Angela McDonald, Penny Watson and the leaders of the 11am Growth Groups.
Special events for our congregation
For further information about these events or anything else, please contact the church office.
- 11am Congregation Bring & Share Harvest Lunch - Sun 22nd September 2019 - Please join us for lunch in the church hall after the service. There is no need to sign up in advance. Please bring some food to share, sweet or savoury.
- 11am Men's Time Away - 11th-12th October 2019: All men from the 11am congregation are warmly invited to join us for two days away from the morning of Friday 11th October to the evening of Saturday 12th October at St Katharine's Parmoor. This will be a relaxed time with good food, fun and Bible studies to build friendships with other men at church and encourage each other in our walk with the Lord. The cost will be £70 per person which includes accommodation and all meals. To book a place, click the button: Click here or contact Jon Drake.
- 11am Congregation Bring & Share Lunch - Sun 19th January 2020 - Please join us for lunch in the church hall after the service. There is no need to sign up in advance. Please bring some food to share, sweet or savoury.
- 11am Congregation Bring & Share Lunch - Sun 29th March 2020 - Please join us for lunch in the church hall after the service. There is no need to sign up in advance. Please bring some food to share, sweet or savoury.
- 11am Congregation Hospitality Sunday - 3rd May 2020