AmazonSmile is a web site operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features as Amazon.co.uk. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organisation of your choice, at no cost to you.
St Mary's is a registered charity on AmazonSmile and you can follow this link to connect your existing Amazon account to St Mary's.
In future, you simply log onto smile.amazon.co.uk, using your existing Amazon username and password in order for the scheme to work.
For more information about the AmazonSmile program, go to smile.amazon.com/about.
You can change your benefitting charity at any time via the AmazonSmile web site. If you occasionally don't wish to donate for any reason, then just revert to the standard Amazon log on web site.
AmazonSmile is available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhones (but not currently on iPads) and Android phones.
This is set up as follows:
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone or Android phone
2. Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into 'Settings'
3. Tap 'AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
If you are using an iPad, please be aware that you cannot currently access AmazonSmile from the Amazon app, but there's a useful workaround for iPads as follows:
- Firstly, remove the Amazon App, by clicking and holding the icon until it jiggles and then hit the 'x', then the Home button to stop the other icons jiggling
- Now load your Safari browser and go to smile.amazon.co.uk
- Tap the 'share' button
- Tap the 'Add to Home Screen' icon
Please note that St Mary's is not recommending Amazon as a retailer or service provider over other retailers or service providers.